Scientific method is a body of technique of acquiring knowledge about the nature and its phenomena.
Basics Steps of Scientific Investigation
- Identifying problem
- Making hypothesis
- Plannig the investigation
- Identifying and Controlling Variable
- Conducting the experiment
- Collecting and recording data
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Making conclusion
- Preparing the report
The 2 main scientific skills
- Science process skill (Mental skill)
- Manipulative skill (Hand skill)
The 6 Science Process Skill (OCCMIP)
Examples of Manipulative Skill
- Handling apparatus and material correctly.
- Handling specimen correctly
- Clean apparatus correctly
- Storing apparatus and reagents correctly
Hypothesis is a suggested explanation for a specific phenomenon.
Inference is the act or process of deriving a conclusion based on what one already knows.
Variable is a quantity whose value may change in an experiment. It is the parameter that may influence the outcome of an experiment or the data been collected in the experiment.